Summary of Qualifications
Making websites since 1998; over 17 years of experience on web, 6 years in social gaming, and 4 years in mobile design.
Experienced in all stages of product design and development—from research to iterative interaction and visual design, prototyping, user testing, and production. Scrum and Agile.
Proactive, strategic, critical thinker with high attention to detail and a proven ability to problem-solve in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines.
Principal User Experience Designer
July 2013 - Present
Senior User Experience Designer
October 2012 - July 2013
July 2010 - June 2011
May 2009 - October 2011
UI Designer, Contractor
March - April 2009
Up & to the Right, Q2 2014
Company-wide individual award
Innovation Award, Q3 2011
Company-wide team award
Poker Star, multiple times
Royal Flush, multiple times
Studio-wide individual award
- Help define design requirements while collaborating with Game Designers and Product Managers to balance user, product and business goals and deliver an amazing user experience to 3-6 million DAU across web and mobile.
- Explore blue sky concepts, and break them back down into feasible designs based on technical and schedule limitations.
- Produce wireframes, high-fidelity mocks, and prototypes.
- Implement in Unity (current mobile product), HTML/CSS (older product), and worked with engineers to get close to pixel perfection in iOS/Xcode, Android, and Flash (also older products).
- Was the lead UX designer for the mobile complete redesign/relaunch.
- Coached other designers as they transitioned from web to mobile.
- Coordinated with centralized teams for user testing and localization in 9 other languages.
- Provided varying levels of UX/UI support on other Zynga titles: Poker Blitz, Zynga.com Live/Zynga Direct, Zynga Bingo, Zynga Casino, Zynga Elite Slots, Hidden Shadows.
- Also provided HTML/CSS support for Zynga.com Live/Zynga Direct, Zynga Casino, Zynga Bingo, and Zynga Elite Slots.
March 2006 - January 2009
- Redesigned multiple system-wide pages for better information flow and scalability. Communicated and interacted with a global userbase of 2.1 million on these design decisions and changes.
- Created graphics for marketing materials and proposals.
- Designed and coded 38 journal themes for general use, and 14 for sponsored and partner communities.
- Facilitated development and deployment of corporate website, and updated its HTML/CSS as necessary.
- Assisted with brand and identity development.
- Managed and trained new editorial content writer.
- Provided graphic support for Six Apart's other properties: Vox, TypePad, Movable Type.
- Designed and coded blog themes for Vox.
Freelance Graphic and
July 2002 – April 2006
- Designed and coded blog templates for individuals and businesses, including the Greater Alameda Business Association.
- Created documentation and trained clients to maintain their own websites.
- Evaluated which available software and web hosts would best suit clients' needs.
- Installed scripts such as WordPress, Movable Type, ExpressionEngine, Photokorn, Coppermine.
- Designed and authored DVD menu interface.
iOS for Designers Bootcamp, Spring 2015
Honor Roll and 1st place app on Demo Day
The Art Institute of California – San Francisco
Interactive Media Design, A.S. Winter 2005
Available upon request.
View my recommendations on LinkedIn.